ex sailorette

A disabled navy veteran's attempts to help a friend

Thursday, May 18, 2006

two tired babies


two tired babies
Originally uploaded by fleet765.
Hey Guys and Gals
I know it's been a long time but a lot has gone on. Have been haveing a lot of problems with my back, this most recent problem left me in bed for the first 2 days and before and after I have had to deal with a very serious problem. I took in a 15 year old boy in December who was being physically abused by his parents then I found out in April he was sexually abusing my 7 year old (I have had him for 3 years). I had to call DCFS and the police and nothing came of the first round because there was just allegations of kissing on the lips and hugging and the 15 year old was claiming blackouts. Approx. a month later I found out that it had gone further, had to question the 7 year old again and found out it had gone further and was much more serious. 2 weeks ago we went to the child advocacy center with a police investigator and the DCFS rep. and the 7 year old told all that went on. Had to get a restraining order against the 15 year old. Found out today the 15 year old confessed yesterday and was arrested for criminal sexual abuse and since he is on probation, looks like he will get some jail time for this one. Meanwhile I have to wait till the 31st. to go to the court and get the restraining order for 2 years, it is my hope that the 15 year old won't contest it. DCFS will be at my house tomorrow with a caseworker for me and the little one and they will pay for his counseling so, to say the least I am very stressed. The 7 year old seems to be handling everything very well but I think counseling will still do him some good. On a brighter note, Jack is doing much, much better, he can do 3 steps now and today he stood up on his hind legs and he hasn't done that in several months, looks like he may not need surgery, provided he doesn't have another fall or injury of some kind. Just got a new camera so am hoping to add more pictures soon. Thanks for the ear and if any of you out there have a kind heart and try to help a teen in trouble please be careful and get the full story before proceeding with whatever help you feel compelled to give, I didn't know at the time this boy had been sexually abused himself, had I known it would have made a big difference. Everybody take it easy and I'll try to be more diligent about my blogging. Bye for now ex-sailorette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home