ex sailorette

A disabled navy veteran's attempts to help a friend

Friday, May 26, 2006

Eve with the babies, Clyde is the daddy


DSCF0016
Originally uploaded by fleet765.
Aren't they cute. On a more serious note, wanted to relay some news. If you are a veteran and are having trouble getting your benefits, listen carefully because I've been there, it took me 18 years to get all my benefits and it wasn't until I decided to go to elected officials that I finally got from the VA what was due me. I first tried to go to my Senator Barack Obama but his office just took my info and said they would send a letter to the VA stating this was a case they were interested in then they told me they couldn't do anymore for me. Feeling desperate because my appeal had been in the Regional office for more than 2 years, I turned to my state representative Rich Myers who's office was very helpful, they in turn got me hooked up with Congressman LaHood who in less than 2 months got me my benefits. I am forever grateful to Mr. Myers and Mr. LaHood for their assistance and all the people in their office who helped with my case. You need to know, that if you are a veteran fighting for benefits and are denied the first time around, you must appeal, the VA almost always denies the first round in hopes that you won't appeal, you must appeal and you must stay on the VA about your case or it will get lost in the many mounds of paperwork they have piling up by the day. If your appeal seems to be lingering, ask for a decision review officer to hear your case and then go to your elected officials for help and, you should have a favorable outcome but, you have to stick to your guns and not let the VA walk all over you, they did that to me for too many years, good luck and if you need any help beyond what I've given you, just comment back and I will see what I can do. You all have a nice day and enjoy the pic of the babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home